Sunday, March 11, 2007

Gone Fishin'

Today was a beautiful day....a day for fishin'. The boys have been bugging me to take them fishing. The weather is starting to get nice and they are ready to get out of the house, so after church today, we went fishing. Unfortunately, Manuel wasn't allowed to go. He continues to make poor decisions. I just don't know what to do anymore! I get so frustrated at times. I know as a teenage boy he is going to make some dumb decisions, but not the same ones over and over again! We just can't seem to get it through his head that he is 16 and the decisions he's making now are going to be with him for the rest of his life! Of course, when I was 16, I didn't want to hear that. At 16, you think you know it all, when in essence you know nothing! I think both Samuel and Manuel are in for a rude awakening. They think life is so easy and they are going to have all this money and fame. Life is not easy! It's tough out here. When they were little, I couldn't wait for them to grow up. I didn't spend the quality time I should have with them. Now I wish for that time back. I know it's never too late to spend time with them or is it? I guess only time will tell. But from this day forward I plan on using my time more wisely and spend a little more time enjoying all my boys....playing, talkin', lovin' and fishin'!



No comments:

Post a Comment