Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Yellow Boneyard Shawl




I love looking back on a project after it's all done. So many little snippets of life within those pictures. Back porch hangs with Titus, road trips, lunch knitting by the lake, and knitting beside my Dad's pool for our little summer vacay are a few of my memories. I was so glad to finally finish this shawl! This yellow yarn has been through some things! It was originally knit as a sweater. I knit the whole sweater and when it came time to seam it (I hate seaming) I decided I didn't like the sweater anymore, so I ripped it all out! We are Knitters and Wool and the Gang have some cute sweater designs but I hate that most of them are knit flat and need to be seamed. I do have the Cable Bomber from Wool and the Gang to knit so will suffer through seaming at least one more time.

My yellow shawl was suppose to be part of whole me made outfit. I planned on sewing the Emery Dress in the lemon fabric above to go with my shawl, but that has yet to happen! I've been procrastinating on making the dress. I've never sewn a zipper or lined anything and both those skills are needed in the dress. I know I'll never learn if I don't do it, I just need to get past my intimidation and do it! But now that Fall is almost here, I don't want to make the lemon dress. It screams Summer to me and I'm not in a summer vibe anymore. Give me all the cozy knits, boots, and Fall clothes! I do have some fun Fall/Halloween fabric to make another Emery dress though. I really need to push past my fear and just try it already! How hard can it be? I'll keep you posted on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment