Thursday, October 4, 2018

Pumpkins, Black Cats and a farm! Oh my!

DSC_0131_2 DSC_0009_2 DSC_0054_2 DSC_0121_2 DSC_0145_2 DSC_0147_2 DSC_0138_3 DSC_0097_2 DSC_0113_2 DSC_0110_2 DSC_0067_2 DSC_0070 DSC_0032_2 DSC_0042 DSC_0004 DSC_0068 DSC_0001 DSC_0003 DSC_0026 DSC_0129_3 Happy October!!!

I know I say this every year, so why stop now! I LOVE Fall and October is by far my most favorite month! Give me all the pumpkins, blacks cats, and witches! So of course when I saw this fabric at Joann's I had to snatch some up, along with some other fun print I plan on making a skirt with.

This is my 2nd Cleo skirt, the first in a flamingo print. I'll be posting it soon. The second time around was so much easier and I have a third coming up! I'm a beginner sewer, and this is a great pattern for someone just learning to sew. AND! It has pockets!!! I now want to make all the novelty print skirts! People are going to start knowing me by my print skirts and I'm okay with that!

My sister, niece and I went to a local farm to get pictures. Nyla thought all the pumpkins were apples and kept saying apples, no matter how many times we told her they were pumpkins. So apples they were. She is definitely have mothers child. She wasn't too thrilled when she got hay on her hands, and wasn't feeling the tractor ride too much. We were lucky to get any pictures of her smiling. We did a lot of singing and dancing for those rare smiles. She did however make all the animal sounds when she saw them, and the cow even moo'd for her!

If you are local to the Fuquay-Varina/Raleigh, NC area you should check out Hipp Farms. It's a great place, with the friendliest of people and lots to do for the little ones. Too bad my youngest is 16 and wants nothing to do with a farm because I would definitely go back. I just might go back anyways when I get my next skirt done. It felt good being out in the fresh air and sunshine! I don't think I'll get back on the rat race barrels though! As you can see in the pictures, I wasn't very good at keeping the barrel from rolling and down I went! It was pretty funny though!

Here's to more farm visits and novelty print skirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment