Thursday, January 5, 2017

Self Portraits in Black and White and Letter Writing

DSC_0023_2 Welcome 2017!

We are 5 days into 2017. How's your week going? After being on Christmas break since December 16, I'm having a tough time getting back into the swing of things. The days seem so LONG at work. My first day back, I came home and took at 2 hour nap! Hopefully by next week I'll be good.

I'm not one for New Year resolutions(I never keep them), but this year I've decided on two projects. First is a year of self portraits in black and white. I've often tried a 365 project - a picture a day and never succeed. 52 pictures, one a week is more doable. Even though my camera is an older Nikon, I have yet to get it out of auto mode. I'm hoping this project will help me with that.

Why black and white? It's simple, no distractions. You focus on the picture, the feelings. My feelings here.....tired! I had just gotten home from work, threw my hair up in a bun, and into my home wardrobe of t-shirt and leggings. I'm not sure where this project will take me or what I'll learn from it, but I'm looking forward to it.

My second project - letter writing. Good ole' fashioned snail mail. Back in the day, I loved writing letters. I had several pen pals, wrote cousins who lived in other cities. There was nothing better than going to the mailbox and finding a letter. I miss it. So I'm bringing it back. My first letter is going out this week. I hope when the person receives it, it will bring a smile to her face. Actually, I'm sure it will, and I'm almost positive she will write back.

So any projects, goals, resolutions for 2017?

No comments:

Post a Comment