Monday, August 15, 2016

Sewing Journey - My First Sewn Garment

DSC_0017_2 DSC_0032_2 DSC_0043_2 DSC_0037_2 DSC_0060_2 DSC_0061_2 DSC_0079_2 I did it! My first sewn garment! An off the shoulder top!

When I tell you, this shirt and I were NOT getting along. It literally took me all day to make this! But this is a few things I learned.

~ it's not as easy as you would think to cut out a pattern. I had the hardest time cutting a straight line!
~ the seam ripper is your friend. I can't tell you how many times I had to rip out what I'd sewn
~ sewing is messy! I had thread and fabric everywhere!
~ make your item longer than you want it. My shirt was shorter than I planned.
~ never give up! I wanted to quit and say forget it, so many times. But I pushed myself and I'm so glad I did. I'm proud of the shirt I made and am looking forward to my next project.
~ Do not take pictures in almost 100 degree weather! I was so sweaty!
~ And last, but not least, do not wear heels, even chunky ones, on railroad tracks! I almost broke my ankle walking on the rocks on the tracks. Luckily Ezekiel caught me or I would have had skinned up knees and dirty white shorts! That's why I was laughing so hard in that one picture. The boys were saying it looked like I was doing the stanky leg. It was not my finest model moment!

1 comment: