Thursday, July 14, 2016

Backyard Chronicles

IMG_5300 IMG_5305 IMG_5303 (2) IMG_5307 Pumpkins IMG_5306
I'm so excited!! My pumpkin plants are growing! No pumpkins yet though! I'm just happy with the plant part. I got nothing last year and didn't have high hopes this year. That's why I just used a little section of my flower bed to plant the seeds and they must have liked the area. They are little sugar pumpkins, like these. If I get one pumpkin, I will be happy.

My sunflowers and gladiolus are still blooming. I didn't get as many sunflowers as I've gotten in previous years, but I still get happy when I look out and see them reaching for the sun.

Is it too early for Fall decorations? I was in Michaels the other day and they had Fall stuff out. I kind of wanted to grab a few things and start decorating. I told myself I would hold off until the middle of August at least. Come August 15th, it's on!! Until then, I will pumpkin stalk in my backyard.

1 comment:

  1. So lovely! Sunflowers are my favorite!! They remind me of my grandparents' countryside where I used to spend all my summers as a child...

    ReplyDelete