Monday, October 20, 2014

25

samuel2525 years ago today, I pushed you into this world. A perfect little baby, in which I had no clue how I was going to raise, being a kid myself. We had our ups and downs, but through it all, I loved you.

And 19 years later, I would bury you.

I still, at times can't believe it. This was not the life I envisioned when I held you in my arms all those years ago in the hospital. But it's what we have. 19 years.

I often wonder what you would be like today at 25. Would you be married? Have kids? Would your music career have taken off. All the dreams you had...gone in a split second.

I try not to dwell on the pain of losing you. Most days, the pain is bearable. But there are moments, when the pain in my heart is more than I can bear, when I feel I can't breathe, when the tears stream down my face and I want to scream at the top of my lungs WHY!

25....you would have been 25 today. Instead....you are forever young at 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment