Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Moments and Doggy Heaven

titusezekiel
The other night as we were all getting ready to go to bed, Ezekiel came into my room and sat on the floor next to Titus. Rubbing his ears, we talked quietly about Titus and how much we loved him. Then he asked...

"When Titus dies, do you think he will go to Heaven?"

I thought about it for a second, and said - Yes, I believed he would go to Heaven. I looked down at the both of them and had to capture this moment. Ezekiel will be 15 this month. All too soon he will be off to college, and these little moments will be no more. His world will be filled with classes, probably girls, a whole lifetime in front of him, and Titus and I will fade into the background - just as it should be.

But this moment right here, I will have forever -  a teenage boy on the cusp of manhood wondering if his dog will go to Heaven when he dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment