Friday, January 10, 2014

Dutch Oven Cooking

Blog_2014 056 I've been wanting a dutch oven for a while now, but couldn't bring myself to shell out over $200 for a Le Creuset Dutch oven. I loved all the pretty colors, but paying that much just wasn't happening.

Then I found Lodge. I read all the reviews, found blog posts of people who compared Le Crueset to Lodge, and guess what. The Lodge performed just as well as the Le Crueset, and I got my 5 quart oven for $38 and some change at Walmart! You read that right! $38. As much as I hate Walmart, I was happy to get this. It's not as pretty as all the bright colorful dutch ovens, but I'm sure it will perform just as well. Lodge does have the pretty colors though, you will just pay a bit more for it. If you are on a budget like me, go with the black.

One of the first things I want to make in my new dutch oven is Artisan No-Knead bread. Yep, you read that right. Bread! I found this blog post, and plan to prepare the dough tonight and make my first loaf of bread tomorrow. I hope it's as easy as they say. It's suppose to be a chilly rainy day tomorrow, perfect for baking bread. I can smell the baking bread right now. Actually, I take that back! I smell wet puppy right now!!! So looking forward to smelling fresh baked bread instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment