Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Raleigh Winterfest 2012

raleighwinterfest2012_1
The past few years, Raleigh has set up an outdoor ice skating rink in the heart of downtown. Sort of like Rockefeller skating rink in NYC. Well, not as grand as Rockefeller. Not that I've ever been to Rockefeller, though I hope to one day. Anyways...I'm getting off track. Let's start again.

Raleigh has an ice skating rink and I want to go! This past weekend they had the Kick off event to open up the rink and the holiday season. It was a beautiful night for the Winterfest - in the 50s. There were twinkle lights in all the trees, Christmas music playing and everyone full of holiday cheer!
meandboys
As you can see - my holiday hats are getting plenty of use. Elijah said we need 2 more holiday hats. A grinch hat and a gingerbread one. Uh yeah....those will have to wait for next year!
raleighwinterfest2012_4
I'm making plans during our holiday break to check out the rink and make believe I'm in the middle of NYC at Rockefeller. None of us know how to ice skate, so this should be fun!
winterfestcollage_1
The big event of the night - Polar Express on a 40ft screen right in the heart of downtown. The boys and I cuddled up in blankets and enjoyed the movie. Polar Express is one of my favorite Christmas movies.

Do you still hear the ringing of the bell?
raleighwinterfest2012_5

No comments:

Post a Comment