Friday, December 9, 2011

FO Friday - Gingerbread Men and 50's Housewife Wanna Be

50's Housewife
HaPpY Friday!

I'm so glad it's the weekend! Friday's are my favorite day of the week and FO Friday has made it all the better. I love sharing finished objects!

Today's FO is the last of my Christmas ornaments - I promise. And my favorite one - the Gingerbread couple. I think they turned out adorable.

This weekend my sister and I are making our Christmas cookies. We do this every year with our boys, just like our Mom did with us. We make a huge mess, a variety of cookies, and it normally ends up being just my sister and I doing it. Our boys lose interest real quick!

Did you notice the cute apron I found! I'm so wearing it when we make cookies! I've asked Santa for a sewing machine so I can make my own aprons and other crafty things. Hopefully I'm on the nice list!

You know, I've never wanted to be a housewife, but I would do it now! I think I would make a good 50's housewife. Keeping house, crafting, cooking delicious meals, then waiting for my Hubby in a dress, heels and cute aprons. Yep - I could see it!

Stepford wives here I come!

sweet love

My Gingerbread couple are part of RetroLemon's Christmas Favorites.

For more FO Fridays go here. There are so many awesome projects! Check 'em out!



For Creative Friday go here. I just love all this craftiness!



26 comments:

  1. Had to laugh, first thing I thought of when seeing the first couple of pictures...wow, those are really big fat fat cookies, then scrolled down..........very cute! The apron is to die for. Sounds like you and your sister have lots of fun, what an awesome tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what's cuter - the gingerbread couple, the apron or your poses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed it! I have fifties housewife envy...

    And the gingerbread couple, just the pattern I've been looking for. Trouble is it's for a gift that I need Monday. I don't think it's right for people to be born in December... I have enough crafting to do for Christmas!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your pics in your awesome baking outfit...too cute! The gingerbread men are awesome too.

    Good to hear that it's cold in NC as that is where the chunky scarf lives now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ornaments are great. I sometimes have the '50s housewife fantasy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too cute! Your gingerbread came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha those "cookies" are awesome! great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute gingerbread men AND gingerbread apron! I sometimes wish I could be a stay at home mom/housewife and just craft and cook all the time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the apron, but the cookies are actually the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I just love your gingerbread people, I think my daughters would LOVE them. Yay for Christmas cookies and cute aprons. I'm sure you'll be on Santa's good list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops I think I forgot to do the captcha thingy. Anyway, you are too cute. I love the apron and the knitted gingerbread couple!
    Thanks for stopping by my space.
    It's great to "meet" you!
    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for all your compliments :)

    I had so much fun with this post and the gingerbread couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ADORE the apron! I'm a bit jealous of it, actually... I recently bought a vintage apron pattern lot off ebay,but haven't gotten around to sewing any yet... this might be the kick in the pants I needed. :-D I hope Santa brings you a sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fifties housewife pose and apron. The gingerbread couple are so cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your apron is awesome and I love the gingerbread couple! They are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those gingerbread men are so adorable, they're perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohmigosh I love the gingerbread people! They are so cute!

    I'm kinda glad I didn't see this until now... I might have been tempted to make a bunch for Christmas presents and I REALLY don't have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are the cutest cookies ever!! I love your adorable apron too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant post..LOVED it all!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. The gingerbread couple are super cute! I didn't put two and two together that Retro Lemon designed both those and the owl I made for my tree (until I checked her Rav page). I love having ornaments on the tree that have a story.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the gingerbread couple! so cute, my 3yr old is obsessed with the gingerbread man!

    love the apron too! i hope you get your christmas wish. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. haha! So cute! i love the apron and the ornaments! I might have to make these for my parents next year :)

    ReplyDelete