Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Confession time

OK....I'm going to make a confession. I'm probably going to regret telling you my deep, dark secret, but here goes...

When I was in the third or fourth grade, I stole a Strawberry Shortcake doll.

GASP!

I know, I should be so ashamed. I knew it was wrong, but I just had to have the little red headed, strawberry smelling doll. This is how it happened. A girl in my school showed up one morning showing off her new Strawberry Shortcake doll. She was passing it around to all us girls, letting us smell her strawberry yummyness. I was so jealous, I wanted that doll!

Later that day, as I was walking into a classroom, I noticed Strawberry Shortcake just sitting on a desk. There was no one in the room and the doll was just laying there, so I snatched it up! I put it in my bag and sat down like nothing had happened. A few seconds later, the girl came back into the room looking for her doll. She was all upset and had tears in her eyes, saying she had lost Strawberry. I should of handed it right over, but I didn't. I couldn't. I wanted the doll too much. She left the classroom crying because she hadn't found her doll. I slipped my hand in my bad and caressed the doll I had stolen, knowing I was probably going to hell for stealing it, but I didn't care. I had a Strawberry Shortcake doll. On my walk home from school, I pulled out my stolen goods and smelled her strawberry yummyness all the way home. When I got home, my mom asked where I had gotten the doll and I told her I won it at school. I was going to hell for sure. To this day, I can't see a Strawberry Shortcake doll without feeling guilty and hearing that little girl from way back in my past crying about her lost stolen doll.

1 comment:

  1. Omg, that was a funny story.. Don't beat yourself up; you were a kid and sometimes kids do stupid things. I stole gum once and after my parents found out, I was grounded afterwards...

    I also had a strawberry shortcake doll and I loved her.. Wasn't her smell divine? LOL

    ReplyDelete