Thursday, July 31, 2008

I am not my hair

I am not my hair
I am not this skin
I am not your ex-pec-tations no
I am not my hair
I am not this skin
I am a soul that lives within

That is what I was singing as I waited to get my hair cut. I had to wait a while and was tempeted to walk out, but a co-worker went with me and kept me there. I haven't had short hair in over 17yrs, and debated on whether to get my hair cut, but I haven't been able to do anything with it. I always have it in a ponytail and I wasn't feeling it anymore. Plus Fonzy has been wanting me to get my hair cut for a few years now. So I finally took the plunge and did it. I had to keep repeating, "it's just hair, it's just hair, it will grow back", and now that I've cut it, I like it!











4 comments:

  1. OMG You look great!!! At first when I was looking at the before, I said omg, not too short but this definitely works for you. I love it!!! You look so beautiful!!! I'm happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa, it's short, but I like it. It's a lot more work though. Before I could put it in a ponytail if I didn't want to deal with it, not anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! It looks great!! I wish I had the guts to do it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous! I know it had to be hard with you not having short hair in so many years but you made a great choice. I don't miss mine one bit. As a matter of fact my hubby thinks I am even hotter now with it short! Thanks for commenting on my blog and please come back! I hope you have a great day. You rock that short style Mami!

    ReplyDelete