Sunday, January 20, 2008

If it's Goya, it has to be good!

You can't be Puerto Rican, and not know the name Goya. Every Puerto Rican uses some sort of Goya products. If you are lazy like me, and have never made your own sofrito, you use the Goya kind. Of course the homemade is better, but Goya sofrito will do. And every Puerto Rican must have Adobo. If you have nothing else, you must have Adobo. Oh, and Sazon. Those are two products every Puerto Rican has. If you don't use these two spices, you really aren't Puerto Rican.

For dinner tonight, I made chicken in the sauce. At least that is what I call it. I'm sure there is a name for what I made today, but I have no clue. I need to call my step-mom, and ask her what this is called since she is the one who taught me how to make it. Of couse she uses her own freshly made sofrito and it tastes so much better, but mine is ok. Here are the ingredients, well, at least the main ones. I add a few more spices, like black pepper, and garlic, but that's about it.

I add all the ingredients in a pot. That is chicken, potatoes, gandules (I usually use Goya pink beans, but didn't have any) and all the seasonings. Doesn't look that great, but it's really good. Ezekiel claims this is one of his favorite meals and better than Granndmas. Gotta love him.


Boiling rice


The finished product...chicken in the sauce over white rice, with a salad and french bread dinner roll.


When Fonzy saw this picture he said, "so that's why I got a real plate" We always eat on paper plates, but I couldn't take a picture of the meal on a paper plate. That would of been way too ghetto!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Can you make that for me when I visit you?????lol.. That looks So delish!! YUMMY!!!
    You can cook some stuff up girl!!!!! LOL

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete